Certified transcripts (copies) of marriage certificates may only be issued by the agency that issued the original marriage license, or by the New York State Office of Vital Records.
If you are not sure if your original marriage license was issued by the Town of Ballston, call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502 for assistance.
If your original marriage license was issued by the Town of Ballston, you will need the following three items to get a certified transcript of your marriage certificate:
1. A completed Vital Records Request Form
- Available at Town Hall OR
- The Vital Records Request Form (PDF) can be completed online and printed (the form cannot be submitted online) OR
- Call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502 if you would like a form mailed or emailed to you
2. Your Driver's License
- Please include a photocopy of your Driver's License if you are submitting your request by drop-off, mail, or email
3. Payment of $10.00 per transcript
- If by check, please make payable to Town of Ballston
- If submitting by drop-off, mail, or email, payment must be received before the transcript request can be processed
Options for submittal:
- Town Hall, located at 323 Charlton Road, Ballston Spa, NY 12020 - come to the Town Clerk's window Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm
- Drop the completed form, a photocopy of your Driver's License, and payment in the gray, locked mailbox at the rear of Town Hall that is labeled "Town Payment."
- Mail the completed form, a photocopy of your Driver's License, and payment to: Town of Ballston, P.O. Box 67, Burnt Hills, NY 12027.
- Scan and email the completed form with a photocopy of your Driver's License to: email@example.com. (You will need to make arrangements for payment before the transcript request can be processed.)
If your original marriage license was not issued by the Town of Ballston and you're not sure where it was issued:
Please call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502 with any questions.