Marriage licenses may only be issued in person at Town Hall, 323 Charlton Road, Ballston Spa, NY 12020.
Appointments are preferred, available Monday - Friday from 9 am to 4 pm
- Please call 518-490-2800 ext. 2502
Both parties must be present and must bring the following to the appointment:
1. Proof of age (one of the following):
- An original or certified copy of your birth certificate (must have the raised seal of the issuing agency, photocopies are not acceptable)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Naturalization Papers
2. Identification (one of the following):
3. Information about previous marriages:
- If divorced: divorce decree for each divorce (photocopies are acceptable)
- If widowed: death certificate of former spouse
4. Payment of $40.00
- Payable by cash, check, or credit card (an additional service fee of $1.50 will apply to a credit card transaction)
- Active military service members pay a reduced fee
- There is a waiting period of 24 hours after the exact time the license is issued before you may be married.
- The license is valid for 60 calendar days after the issue date.
- Marriage licenses issued by the Town of Ballston are valid anywhere within New York State.
Click HERE for more information on getting married in New York State
Please call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502 with any questions.