New York State Law requires that all dogs four months of age and older must be licensed in the Town in which they reside.
*** Licenses are valid for one year; you will receive a renewal notice by mail.
To get an initial license for your dog you will need the following three items:
1. Town of Ballston Dog License Application Form
- Available at Town Hall OR
- The Dog License Application (PDF) can be completed online and printed (the form cannot be submitted online) OR
- Call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502 if you would like a form mailed or emailed to you
2. Veterinarian proof of rabies vaccination
- Rabies vaccination certificate
3. Payment of $10 (neutered/spayed) OR $17 (unneutered/unspayed)
- If by check, please make payable to Town of Ballston
Options for submittal:
- Town Hall, located at 323 Charlton Rd, Ballston Spa, NY 12020 - come to the Town Clerk's window Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
- Drop in the locked, gray mailbox at the rear of Town Hall that is labeled "Town Payment."
- Town of Ballston, P.O. Box 67, Burnt Hills, NY 12027.
Please call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext.2502 with any questions.