Jenkins Park Pavilion
Jenkins Park is a small park located on Jenkins Road in Burnt Hills, in the Town of Ballston. There is a playground area for young children, a horseshoe pit area, two ponds, many trails throughout the park, two baseball fields, a basketball court, open spaces for passive recreation, and a pavilion with picnic tables. The Jenkins Park pavilion is available for rental to Town residents to use for meetings, social activities, and educational activities. The Jenkins Park pavilion is also available for rental to Town based not-for-profit groups, Town based community groups, and Town businesses, and non-residents with a Town resident sponsor.
The pavilion has a seating capacity for 23 people. Please note that rental covers only use of the pavilion. The park will remain open for public use.
See the calendar below (click a calendar event for more information):
How to Rent
*** All forms are available in this section as well as in the Forms section at the bottom of this page. See the forms for additional information.***
Reservations are required for the exclusive use of the Jenkins Park pavilion.
To confirm availability and make a reservation, contact the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502, or email the Town Clerk.
If the facility is available, it is the responsibility of the renter to:
- Complete, sign and return the Facility Use Application with the $15 administrative fee to the Town Clerk as soon as possible to reserve your date
- Provide the Town Clerk a signed Jenkins Park Pavilion Rental Policy, which includes a Rules and Regulations page
- Provide the Town Clerk a certificate of liability insurance naming the Town of Ballston as an additional insured, in the amount of $1,000,000, at least two weeks prior to your event
- The insurance must be in the renter's name
- You cannot rent the pavilion without this insurance
- Provide the Town Clerk the rental fee and $250 refundable deposit
- Rental fee is $75 for Town residents (proof required)
- Rental fee is $150 for non-residents (Town resident sponsor required)
- Jenkins Park District residents will not be charged a rental fee
- 501c3 Not for Profits will not be charged a rental fee
- Deposit fee of $250 will be refunded if the facilities and grounds are left in original condition and all the terms and conditions are complied with
- After the event, provide the Town Clerk with a completed and signed Park Event Checklist
- Make checks payable to: Town of Ballston
- All fees are non-refundable
- Fees subject to change at any time
- There is a $20 service charge for all returned checks
It is the policy of the Town of Ballston to make the pavilion at Jenkins Park available to Town residents, Town based not-for-profit groups, Town based community groups, Town businesses, and non-residents sponsored by a Town resident. Town residents in the Jenkins Park District will receive priority when reserving the premises. Use is limited to meetings, social activities, and educational activities. The Town reserves the right to refuse any event which does not comply with these rules and which it deems inappropriate. The Town considers facility use requests without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Please see the Jenkins Park Pavilion Rental Policy for additional policies and information.