Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park Pavilion
Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park, known locally as Fireman's Grove, is located at 2 Fireman's Lane, off of Main Street in Ballston Lake, in the Town of Ballston. There is a large, covered pavilion that Town residents may rent for meetings, social activities, and educational activities. Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park is also available for rental by Town based not-for-profit groups, Town based community groups, Town businesses, and non-residents with a Town resident sponsor.
The pavilion has a capacity for 225 people, with seating for 80 - 100.
Please note that rental only covers use of the pavilion. The park will remain open for public use.
See the calendar below (click a calendar event for more information):
How to Rent
*** All forms are available in this section as well as in the Forms section at the bottom of this page. See the forms for additional information.***
Reservations are required for the exclusive use of the Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park Picnic Facility.
To confirm availability and make a reservation, contact the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502, or email the Town Clerk.
If the facility is available, it is the responsibility of the renter to:
- Complete, sign and return the Facility Use Application with the $15 administrative fee to the Town Clerk as soon as possible to reserve your date
- Provide the Town Clerk a signed Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park Rental Policy, which includes a Rules and Regulations page
- Provide the Town Clerk a certificate of liability insurance naming the Town of Ballston as an additional insured, in the amount of $1,000,000, at least two weeks prior to your event
- The insurance must be in the renter's name
- You cannot rent the pavilion without this insurance
- The insurance must cover the premises known as Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park, 2 Fireman's Lane, Ballston Lake, NY 12019
- Rental fee is $75 for Town residents (proof required)
- Rental fee is $150 for non-residents (Town resident sponsor required)
- 501c3 Not for Profits will not be charged a rental fee
- Deposit fee of $250 will be refunded if the facilities and grounds are left in original condition and all the terms and conditions are complied with
- Contact the Town Clerk's Office for the necessary permission letter
- Make checks payable to: Town of Ballston
- All fees are non-refundable
- Fees are subject to change at any time
- There is a $20 service charge for all returned checks
It is the policy of the Town of Ballston to make the facilities at Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park available to Town residents, Town based not-for-profit groups, Town based community groups, Town businesses, and non-residents sponsored by a Town resident. Town residents will receive priority when reserving the premises. Use is limited to meetings, social activities, and educational activities. The Town reserves the right to refuse any event which does not comply with these rules and which it deems inappropriate. The Town considers facility use requests without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Please see the Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park Rental Policy for additional policies and information.
- Facility Use Application (PDF)
- Ballston Lake Fire Department Memorial Park Rental Policy (PDF)
- Park Event Checklist (PDF)
- One-Day Beer and Wine Permit (link to NYS Liquor Authority, online application only)