The Town of Ballston William Sewell Community Room is located in Town Hall, at 323 Charlton Road, in the Town of Ballston. Named in honor of William E. Sewell for his lifelong commitment of service to his community and its people, the Community Room is available for rental by Town residents to use for meetings, social activities, and educational activities. The Community Room is also available for rental by Town based not-for-profit groups, Town based community groups, Town businesses, and non-residents with a Town resident sponsor.
The Community Room has a seating capacity for 125 people. Click below for a layout of the room:
See the calendar below (click a calendar event for more information):
How to Rent
*** All forms are available in this section as well as in the Forms section at the end of the page. See the forms for additional information.***
Reservations are required for use of the William Sewell Community Room.
To confirm availability and make a reservation, call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext. 2502, or email the Town Clerk.
If the facility is available, it is the responsibility of the renter to:
- Complete, sign and return the Facility Use Application with the $15 administrative fee to the Town Clerk as soon as possible to reserve your date
- Provide the Town Clerk a signed Community Room Policy, which includes a Rules and Regulations page
- Provide the Town Clerk a certificate of liability insurance naming the Town of Ballston as an additional insured, in the amount of $1,000,000, at least two weeks prior to your event
- The insurance must be in the renter's name
- You cannot rent the room without this insurance
- Provide the Town Clerk the rental fee and $250 refundable deposit
- Rental fee is $125 for Town residents (proof required)
- Rental fee is $250 for non-residents (Town resident sponsor required)
- 501c3 Not for Profits will not be charged a rental fee
- Deposit fee of $250 will be refunded if the facilities and grounds are left in original condition and all the terms and conditions are complied with
- If alcohol is to be served, you must obtain a One-Day Beer and Wine Permit from the NYS Liquor Authority (online application only)
- Contact the Town Clerk's Office for the necessary permission letter
- Pick up a key the week of your event, if applicable; Town Clerk office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- After the event, return the key and provide the Town Clerk with a completed and signed Community Room Cleanliness Checklist
- Make checks payable to: Town of Ballston
- All fees are non-refundable
- Fees are subject to change at any time
- There is a $20 service charge for all returned checks
It is the policy of the Town of Ballston to make the facilities of its William Sewell Community Room available to Town residents, Town based not-for profit groups, Town based community groups, Town businesses, and non-residents sponsored by a Town resident (non-resident fee will apply). Town residents receive priority when reserving the room. Use is limited to meetings, social activities, and educational activities. The Town reserves the right to refuse any event which does not comply with these rules and which it deems inappropriate. The Town considers room use requests without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Please see the Community Room Rental Policy for additional policies and information.