Recycling & Disposal
*** Please see the FAQ section at the bottom of this page for help with many common questions.***
- There is no Town collection scheduled for summer 2022
Household Hazardous Waste Recycling
- There is no Town collection scheduled for 2022
- Visit the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation website's Household Hazardous Waste page for information and resources on where and how to properly dispose of many common household products, including paint, batteries, cleaning products, etc.
Paint Recycling Program Begins in New York State
The New York State Postconsumer Paint Collection Program began on May 1, 2022. The program is operated by PaintCare, a non-profit organization established by the paint industry to manage unwanted architectural coating products and provide for their recycling or proper disposal.
The program accepts leftover latex and oil-based paints and similar products at drop-off sites throughout the state. View a complete list of products accepted by PaintCare.
Paint Drop-off Sites
PaintCare will provide a collection network of over 300 drop-off sites across the state made up of paint retailers, local government facilities and reuse stores. Find a paint drop-off site near you.
Drop-off sites will accept up to 5 gallons per customer per visit, some sites may accept more.
Paint should be in original containers with intact labels that identify the product.
The program is funded by a small fee - the PaintCare fee - on the sale of all new paint in the state. The program will provide for continuous and convenient collection year-round and accept all program products regardless of when they were purchased. No longer will you have to plan to bring unwanted oil-based paints for collection at your local Household Hazardous Waste collection event or dry out unwanted latex paint for household trash pick-up!
Business or Bulk Paint Collection
Business, organizations, and households with 100 gallons of paint or more to recycle can request a free pick-up at their location, though some restrictions may apply. Submit a request form through PaintCare's website.
Additional information can be found on DEC's NYS Postconsumer Paint Collection Program webpage.
The date of the 2022 electronics recycling event for Town residents has passed. Check here for details of future events.
The date of the Saratoga County Soil and Water District Spring 2022 Tire Recycling Program has passed. Information on future tire recycling dates will be posted when available.
Saratoga County Recycling
Saratoga County requires residents to recycle, under the Saratoga County Mandatory Recycling Law. According to the law, the following must be recycled: newspapers, plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars, and metal cans.
See the following for more information:
Local Waste Collection Companies
Contact your waste collection company for information on items they will accept for recycling or disposal.
- County Waste - 518-547-1518 - the lower half of their recycling page lists acceptable and unacceptable items with links to other resources
- Twin Bridges - 518-267-3400 - their recycling page lists acceptable and unacceptable items
This not-for-profit organization promotes sustainable practices and has a wealth of information on their website regarding recycling and donating items, recycling events, composting, and more.
- Local Donation and Recycling Directory (PDF)
- Recycling Resources
- Saratoga Recycles Day - annual event open to everyone with no residency restrictions, fees apply
- Repair Cafes - community events to repair broken objects, free, registration required
- Composting Resources
NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Resources
- Recycling Consumer Electronic Waste - this website has a link to a list of manufacturers that accept returns of items for recycling, as well as a link to a list of electronic waste collection sites
- Local Material Exchanges - a list of organizations that accept donations of a variety of items
- Reduce Your Junk Mail
- Wireless Telephone Recycling Act
- Recycling and Composting page - has many links to additional information